Longing for change in your life and not knowing how or where to start can seem daunting. Going through change can be unsettling. Change can be hard. It can be scary too. What kind of change you ask? Let’s look at two different scenarios:
Two Different Scenarios… One Approach… Integral Coaching
Coaching is based on the belief that we can break through the issues that are holding us back in our professional and personal lives by changing our behaviors.
Integral Coaching is a tried and true methodology which attends to the whole person to sustain change. As the Integral approach integrates so many perspectives it can be used to develop many aspects of people’s lives such as:
- Identifying your higher purpose in life
- Honing leadership strengths you need to develop in the workplace
- Cultivating a sense of harmony in team environments
- Building self confidence
- Developing effective working habits
- Following through on commitments
- Finding meaning in retirement
- Defining and setting clear personal boundaries
- Tapping into your creativity
- Establishing resilience during times of change and transition
What Does a Coaching Program Consist of?
A coaching program consists of four types of meetings which are called conversations:
- During our first conversation or Intake, we will get to know each other and together we will define and clarify your topic.
- Our second conversation is an Offer. The Offer is the foundation of the entire coaching program. Here I will offer insights using metaphors into your current way of being in relation to your topic. I will then offer a new way of being and the path to get there in the form of a coaching program, which contains specific developmental objectives specifically designed for you. I will also offer you a self-observation exercise to help shine a light on your current way of being. I will also offer you a foundation practice.
- Our third type of conversation is called a Cycle of Development. This is where you roll up your sleeves and become personally engaged in daily practices. The practices are designed to develop the ‘new muscles’ you will need to live in alignment in your new way of being in the coaching topic. During each Cycle of Development we will discuss what the practices are illuminating for you.
- Our final conversation is called a Completion. This is where we discuss the progress you have made in your topic and how best to go forward beyond the coaching program.
To help keep the momentum, we will meet every two to three weeks for an hour to 1.5 hours at a time. Sound intriguing?